Wind driven Turbo ventilators are powered by the wind to create effective ventilation for different industries. Turbine or Turbo ventilators are round metal vents with fins in them. Even the slightest breeze can be enough for the turbo ventilator to rotate. Rotation causes a centrifugal force on the tip of the fins which suck out the stale hot air from inside of the building. The faster the wind, the faster the turbine will rotate and exhaust the heat, smoke, fumes, humidity, etc.
A well designed turbine ventilator, like the one from Leesha Fabritech, takes advantage of the wind to create a positive flow through the throat of the ventilator. The wind influences the performance of the ventilator in two ways:
- As the Wind approaches and strikes the ventilator, it jumps, creating an area of low pressure on the leeward side of the turbine. This low pressure zone is fed by drawing air from the turbine, causing a continuous extraction of air from the building and
- As the turbine rotates, the centripetal forces associated with the rotation fling air outwards form the tips of the vanes. Replacement air is drawn into the throat of the ventilator from the building causing continuous ventilation.
Our turbine will even rotate and exhaust in the absence of wind using the thermal currents developed within the building.
As a general rule, hot or stale air will not exhaust through an opening into which wind can blow Therefore, regular static ventilators, which allow outside wind to enter in the shed because of poor design or location on the roof, cannot be expected to exhaust because they backdraft. An efficient means of extracting warm and stale air is through roof mounted turbo ventilators, which create positive draft. Adequate low level provision for the entry of fresh air at ambient temperature should be provided.
REVOLUTION IN TURBO VENTILATION
- Stainless steel top plate & bottom ring
- Rigid roll formed curved aluminum vanes
- Permanently lubricated sealed ZZ bearings
- No maintenance – Rust free
- Rain proof, bird proof, dust proof and insect proof rugged spider design
- 3 years performance warranty